The exceptional, gay-owned Islington Hotel, which overlooks Mount Wellington, is located within a house that was originally built in 1847 , just a few minutes’ drive from Hobart’s town centre.
We love everything here – super comfortable beds, free minibar, iPad, large bathroom with rain shower, the ‘open plan’ kitchen & dining room concept and the stunning lounges.
The place had been restored and holds a unique collection of the owner’s artworks and furniture. We recommend Garden Rooms which have direct access to the gardens and views of Mount Wellington.
Excellent service and food. Tea, coffee, freshly baked (and totally delicious) cookies and muffins are available all day long. The staff are knowledgeable about Hobart and its surroundings and offer great advice of what to visit.
restaurant, free wi-fi
- Actively works with TravelGay.com and our team
- Owner or manager who is LGBTQ+ or LGBTQ-friendly
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community are accepted
- A warm and welcoming environment
- A seamless experience for LGBTQ+ customers
- Find out more about TG Approved.
321 Davey Street, Hobart, Tasmania