Privacy & Moderation
Coronavirus Update: Please note that some venues may be closed in line with local government advice. Please check the venue's own website for the latest opening hours and information before making your journey. Stay safe and follow the local authority's guidance in order to minimise the risk of transmission of the virus.
Travel Gay Europe moderate user reviews before they can be seen by other users.
We may delete reviews (or part of reviews), that in our opinion:
- are abusive, hateful, off-topic, use foul or explicit sexual language
- contain racist, sexist, homophobic or other slurs
- based on hearsay rather than personal experience
- do not comply with our Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children
- are solicitations or advertising for other websites or businesses
- refer to activities that are illegal or allegations of illegal misconduct
- contains content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others, laws or regulations
- impersonates or falsely claims to represent a person or organisation
We may correct spelling and other errors or edit comments that are not reasonably concise.
We reserve the right not to publish any review in whole or in part for any reason or to delete a previously published review.
Pictures must be:
- taken by you
- relevant to the venue being reviewed
- landscape (e.g. letterbox shaped)
- jpeg, jpg or png file type only
Pictures must not:
- be rude, pornographic, illegal, offensive or insulting
- edited to distort or misrepresent the scene
- include logos, adverts or other marketing content
- exceed 5 megabytes file size
- include an image of anyone under the age of 18
We cannot publish photos from other sources, or any image that infringes the copyright of others.
We reserve the right not to publish any picture that you upload.
By uploading photos, you grant Travel Gay non-exclusive rights to edit, copy, use and display the photos.
Right to reply
If you wish to reply to a review, either use the reply function or email us at [email protected]
You may ask for a review that you have written or picture you have uploaded to be removed by emailing us at [email protected]
Company Name: Out4You Ltd (the “Business”)
Company Number: 07648544
Registered Address: Cloisters Court, 22-26 Farringdon Lane, London, EC1R 3AU
ICO Data Controller Registration: ZA376321
DATA WE COLLECT AND STORE
In order to deliver our services to you effectively, we may store and process the following data:
Contact Data: e.g. name, address, city, postcode, telephone number, email address.
Financial Data: e.g. bank account number, sort code, credit card details, debit card details.
Demographic Data: e.g. postcode, income.
Special Category Data: e.g. sex, sexual orientation.
User Identification Data: e.g. IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, operating system and version.
User Behaviour Data: e.g. URL clickstreams, products/services viewed, page response times, download errors, page visit lengths, page interaction data, telephone numbers used to call us.
This happens, e.g., when you fill in an enquiry, create an account, complete online questionnaires, participate in any discussion board or social media function, enter a competition, correspond with us, receive any services, or make any transactions with us. The collection of this data is sometimes automatic.
SPECIAL CATEGORY DATA
As an LGBT travel provider we do collect and ask our customers for information about their sexual orientation. This data is treated with utmost confidence and is used to help tailor our services to you. At no point are you required to disclose this information if you do not wish to.
We may share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
DATA THIRD PARTIES COLLECT
We may share your data with certain third parties in order to deliver our goods or services to you. We include, below, details on the relevant data collected or shared, the purposes for which such data is collected or shared and the third party providers we use that collect or share such data.
Purpose: this service allows us to connect with your account on Facebook, by way of your login or otherwise and allows us to interact with Facebook and show key stats.
Data collected: various data from your Facebook account, should you choose to share it with us.
Service provider: Facebook, Inc.
Place of processing: USA
Purpose: this is a web analytics service, which allows us to track the use of the Website, prepare reports on user activity and share them with other Google services.
Data collected: usage data, cookies
Service provider: Google Inc.
Place of processing: USA
Purpose: this service allows us to interact with Twitter and show key stats.
Data collected: usage data, cookies
Service provider: Twitter, Inc.
Place of processing: USA
Purpose: this service allows us to send email messages to distribution lists.
Data collected: email address, name, sexual orientation, sex
Service provider: The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp
Place of processing: USA
Pay360 by Capita
Purpose: this service processes payments for us.
Data collected: various, including personal, financial, card and transaction information.
Service provider: Pay360 Limited
Place of processing: UK
Purpose: this service runs our live chat service and allows us to track the use of the Website as well as using customer data for remarketing purposes.
Data collected: various, usage data, cookies, including personal details and email address and sexual orientation if you share this data in a live chat message.
Service provider: Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
Place of processing: USA / European Union
HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Marketing purposes e.g. advertising, commercial affiliation, interacting with social media, remarketing and behavioural targeting, interacting with online survey platforms, public relations, providing information, products and services that you ask for or (with your consent) which we think may interest you, permitting (with your consent) certain third parties to provide information about goods or services that we feel may interest you
- Improving your experience on the Website e.g. interacting with support and feedback platforms, analytics, displaying content from external platforms, content performance and features testing, managing landing pages, heat mapping, traffic optimisation, ensuring that our website content is presented to you in an effective manner, notifying you of any changes to our service, optimising the pages you are directed to
- Helping us to deliver our services to you better e.g. user database management, handling payments, hosting and back-end infrastructure, registration and authentication, carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into with you, measuring our performance in terms of sales or otherwise, maintaining accounts & records
- Keeping in touch with you e.g. contacting you directly, managing contact requests, managing contacts and sending messages, interacting with live chat platforms
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
The personal data we collect is processed at our trading addresses, and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located.
As part of the services offered to you through our website, the data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”).
It may also be processed by staff who work outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers, for example in processing your payment details, fulfilling your order, and providing administration and support services.
WHEN WE CAN GIVE YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We are allowed to release your information:
- to businesses in our corporate group;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- to a potential purchaser of us or a business in our corporate group;
- to protect against fraud or credit risks; and
- as required by law or when we believe that disclosing the information is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others or respond to a request from a governmental body.
You may choose not to provide us with personal data and you may turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. If you make these decisions, you may continue to use the website and browse its pages. However, we may not be able to process transactions without personal data.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by ticking the relevant boxes on our forms, or by contacting us at any time.
You have the right to access information we hold about you. This includes the right to ask us supplementary information about:
- the categories of data we’re processing
- the purposes of data processing
- the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
- how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
- your other rights regarding our use of your data
We will provide you with the information within one month of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other (e.g. another person’s confidentiality or intellectual property rights). We’ll tell you if we can’t meet your request for that reason.
Data Protection Manager
22-26 Farringdon Lane
London EC1R 3AU
More details concerning the collection or processing of your data may be requested from us at any time.
You have the right to make us correct any inaccurate personal data about you. You have the right to be “forgotten” by us. You can do this by asking us to erase any personal data we hold about you, if it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data for purposes of your use or bookings with TravelGay.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data. Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, either by calling their helpline or as directed on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites.
HOW SECURE IS THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
To protect your financial information, we use SSL technology to encrypt all payment transactions.
Unfortunately, no data transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure and we therefore cannot guarantee the security of information you transmit to or from our website or through the use of our services, and you provide this information at your own risk.
The Business cannot be held liable for theft, loss or unauthorised access, interception or damage to your data. You acknowledge that you understand these risks.
Where we have given you a password, you are responsible for keeping such a password confidential. We ask that you do not share any password with anyone.
If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately.
If you provide us with personal information about other people, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
We may monitor and record phone conversations or email communications between you and our employees for training and quality assurance purposes.
You can read more about data protection law by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website.
This policy is effective from 1st December 2011. It was last updated on the 11th September 2021.
Have we got something wrong?
Are we missing a new venue or has a business closed? Or has something changed and we've not yet updated our pages? Please use this form to let us know. We really appreciate your feedback.